FREE Queer Tango on the Thames with DJ Anna Jorgensen!
DJ ANNA JORGENSEN will be bringing something very special to QUEER TANGO ON THE THAMES on BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 25th AUGUST!
Pictured here DJ-ing last weekend at the prestigious “La Vie en Rose” Queer Tango Festival in Paris, Anna has DJ’ed at milongas, marathons and festivals in the UK, Berlin, Copenhagen and Buenos Aires. She uses mainly golden age tango music seeking to create highly danceable tandas with strong musical and emotional coherence and a sense of narrative flow through the set. Anna selects unusual and sometimes exuberant cortinas to reinforce the mood and flow of her sets. Every set is unique to each event.
Queer Tango on the Thames is absolutely delighted to welcome Anna to our event!
And remember – ALL ABSOLUTELY FREE!
AND ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE WELCOME!
Caressed by the summer breezes on the Terrace overlooking the Thames in front of the Royal Festival Hall, Queer Tango London have teamed up once again with Tango on the Thames to bring you:
• Talented performers, DANTE CULCUY & CHRIS BENSON and CELESTE CIMINO & LUCIANO MILLAQUEO as you have never seen them before
• Celebrated tango singer, CORINA PIATI and guitarist SAM MORRIS
• Dance-inducing DJs, CLAUDIO TEDESCO and ANNA JORGENSEN (see above!)
• Kamila Bydlowska - Violin
• Juan Pablo Mauro - Double Bass
• Tim Sharp - Piano
• Martin Espindola - Bandoneon, Guitar, Vocals
…aka the TANGO TERRA QUARTET, who sound like THIS!
From the 4.00 pm Gender-Blind Absolute Beginners’ Class till Dancing with [OK – under] the Stars when we finish at 1.00 am, we promise you to a tango event, the like of which, London has rarely seen.