DJ CLAUDIO TEDESCO, one of Queer Tango London’s own, will be bringing his famous, authentic Argentinian connoisseurship to QUEER TANGO ON THE THAMES on BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 25th AUGUST!
Claudio says: “My parents met dancing tango and my dad played the bandoneon at home, so l think l grew up unknowingly loving tango.”
He adds, “DJing is my obsession and compulsion to listen to the orchestras I love, the ones l consider from the period of the tango at its height, the thirties. Orchestras like Canaro, Di Sarli, Lomuto, Fresedo, Donato, OTV... And then, l have a soft spot for Milonga and Canyengue!”
We know you will enjoy Claudio’s danceable musicality!
And remember – ALL ABSOLUTELY FREE!
AND ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE WELCOME!
Caressed by the summer breezes on the Terrace overlooking the Thames in front of the Royal Festival Hall, Queer Tango London have teamed up once again with Tango on the Thames to bring you:
• Talented performers, DANTE CULCUY & CHRIS BENSON and CELESTE CIMINO & LUCIANO MILLAQUEO as you have never seen them before
• Celebrated tango singer, CORINA PIATI and guitarist SAM MORRIS
• Dance-inducing DJs, CLAUDIO TEDESCO and ANNA JORGENSEN (see above!)
• Kamila Bydlowska - Violin
• Juan Pablo Mauro - Double Bass
• Tim Sharp - Piano
• Martin Espindola - Bandoneon, Guitar, Vocals
…aka the TANGO TERRA QUARTET, who sound like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtLcO9tirQ
From the 4.00 pm Gender-Blind Absolute Beginners’ Class till Dancing with [OK – under] the Stars when we finish at 1.00 am, we promise you to a tango event, the like of which, London has rarely seen.